Nowadays, more and more enterprises are adopting Industrial Maintenance actions in order to ensure the functioning continuity of the industrial production line. These interventions may be happening with the purpose of preventing significant irregularities or correcting existent failures.
In terms of Controlled Industrial Maintenance’s actions, they are implemented when there is evidence of an imminent malfunction in the equipment. Are interventions that fall within the field of Smart Maintenance, used only in case of needs.
This practice is used mainly in fundamental machines to production, in other words, equipments which stop production in case of failure. It can be used when safety is compromised, as well.
6 Evaluation Methods of Controlled Industrial Maintenance
The implementation of Controlled Industrial Maintenance’s interventions concerns especially on machine’s components. This means that, if a component on risk of failure or malfunction is detected, an intervention to repair is started.
This type of maintenance is often dependent on the possibility of conduct frequent inspections of all equipments. Only in this way, we can detect modifications in their normal function.
Get to know the main analytical techniques used to evaluate the machine’s condition:
- Dynamic Monitoring: vibrations, acoustic emission, etc.;
- Particles Checking: ferrography, x-ray, etc.;
- Chemical Analysis: gas and liquid chromatography, oil spectrometric, etc.;
- Physical Effects Monitoring: penetrating liquids, ultrasonic resonance, x-ray, etc.;
- Temperature Monitoring: thermography and painting temperature;
- Electrical Effects Evaluation: electric resistance, potential and current.
Through these techniques, it is possible to detect the anomaly development and identify the component that should be the target of intervention.
4 Advantages of Controlled Industrial Maintenance
Since these Industrial Maintenance’s actions are realized only in situations of need, it contains some benefits, such as:
- Lower Cost: Maintenance is only realized when exists an imminent failure. Therefore, the cost of unnecessary preventive actions is avoided.
- Increase In Productivity: The stops in manufacturing lineshappens in exceptional cases. Therefore, production continuity is promoted.
- Efficient Management of Backup Components: The promoted monitoring by this management permits to detect which component has to be repaired in advance. Therefore, it is possible to manage the component’s stock and verify if it is in accordance with the business needs.
- Extending Machine Life Cycles: The machine components maintenance increases their period of operation.
Get to know in detail the Industrial Maintenance different strategies. Talk to one of our specialists and discover the benefits each practice can bring to your company.